Thursday, March 17, 2011

Spring Break!

So Spring Break was last week, and because of my own fault, I was in Rome all week, not a bad place to spend Spring Break though. I had hoped to go to Ireland, but by the time I tried to book tickets the price was way too high. So I decided to take the first few days off to relax after our week in Istanbul then I figured I would take a train somewhere in Italy for a day or two, but I got too lazy and that didn't work out either. So I spent the entire week in Rome relaxing and not much happened. Last week was Carnivale, however, so that was fun. On Tuesday night a bunch of us went up to Piazza del Popolo to see some kind of show, not really sure what it was, it was in Italian. Then we watched some fireworks and ended Carnivale with a confetti fight. Pretty fun. After that we decided we didn't want to go home so we headed to one of our local bars where they were watching Rome's soccer match. Rome was losing and nobody there was very happy at all, so we didn't stay very long. That was probably our busiest day of the week. A few people had family or friends come, but that's later in the semester for me. All in all it was a pretty relaxing week for me, I spent a few days sketching and the rest just walking around, which was pretty fun. Rome is a completely different city when you don't have to worry about class and can just enjoy the sites!

No comments:

Post a Comment