Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Obama Obama?

So there's one thing I've noticed about some Romans that I've had the chance to talk to, they all like Obama. Today, while sketching at the Spanish Steps, a guy started a conversation with me (he wanted me to pay him to draw a picture of me, when I said no he quickly left) and asked the usual question, are you a student, where are you studying, where are you from? Well when I told him I was American, his response was "Oh, Obama Obama." That is now the third person that has responded in the exact same fashion, by saying Obama's name twice, including a bartender and a priest. What I don't understand is why everybody responds with his name twice, are they making sure I know who the president is? Trying to show me that they do? Or do they just like him that much?

No comments:

Post a Comment